Monday 13 October 2008

Monday Updates

I managed to start a new track on late Sat, early Sun. It began with a few Fx samples that I messed around with, then quite quickly I added a simple swelling bass & a rhodes part. At that point it was screaming out for some drums. I managed to find an excellent house beat (that I made maybe 3 years ago) that fitted perfectly. Next up was some hi-hat patterns and another kick & snare for some more power.
After dancing around the room to some deep but funky house music for a good 10 mins I decided it needed an ARP melody. Luckily I had a pre-made loop lying around. Again this fitted perfectly so not much work was needed to match it to the sounds already created.

When I write a new track, I absolutely love it when this happens! It goes so fast & easily you question whether or not its any good. This one is though, as it passed the "Next-Day listen" test with flying colours. I'll have another listen tonight or tomorrow then probably move the track into Logic for the better quality production techniques available.

Keep coming back to check for updates on this track. It's called "Blocked In The Dark" And as usual, I've got no idea where this name came from. It just seems to fit the mood of the music.


One other thing to report is, my hearing is almost back to normal. There's still a bit of "cloudy-ness" but its a lot better than it was Saturday. The almond oil seems to be working!

No comments: