Friday 12 December 2008

Yip, Yip, Yip!!!

As mentioned in the previous post, I met up with the Knivderby boys again last Friday night to finalise & master their 2nd album.

Everything went according to plan I'm happy to report. They met me at the train station & from there we went direct to the studio in Huskvarna. I really nice dude called Mats was good enough to lend us his space for the evening & it was a very nice space indeed. After settling in we got to work straight away.

Some final mix details were tackled first (& defeated) then we started on the mastering process. This took a bit longer than usual but we got there in the end. Then after some fade in/fade out edits we were done.

Overall I'm much happier with this CD than the last one. I think the drums sound a lot better, the mixes are much more balanced & in general it justs feels right. Don't get me wrong though, I still love the first CD I did with them. Its just this time I believe I have matured as a producer & hopefully it shows. But hey, why don't you judge for yourself.

You should have the address bookmarked by now but if not, here it is again:-

Knivderby @ myspace

You can listen to 3 of the 5 new songs there. For the other two you will need to buy the CD. Be quick with this though as they only have 100 copies of the release available.

Its actually a little sad to be finished this project as they are a great band & an absolute joy to work with. But you know, everything good comes to an end eventually.

One more positive thing to take from the completion of this work is I can now concentrate on the Le Migre EP & a Radio Scotvoid remix I've been working on for a while.
As usual, I will keep you as updated on progress as much as I can.

Small Colin signing out...

No comments: